Antarctica, the last continent

THE CONQUEST OF THE 7TH CONTINENT

Never planned to visit Antarctica, what would be the reason (I thought) to go there where is so cold, when as soon as I get home to Romania and feel the cold winter I am already planning my next trip to escape the winter. Yes, I love winter but seen from the window. Always loved the sun, the beach, and hot weather. But super husband had a job where he had to be on a cruise ship cruising Antarctica and Elephant Island. So there we go, we leave the cold New York and off we go to see Antarctica. Gloves, heavy winter jacket, best hat I could find to look good in pictures a great book to read while my husband will be working and there it is!

Amazing it was. Amazing views, the show that nature offered us was definitely unforgettable. Like the view of a Filipino teenager seeing for the first time snow. On open deck, enjoying my book and cigarettes, always watching people around me. Not much in need of conversation as I was on vacation and tired of the eternal small talks with cruise ships passengers.  And I see this surprising image of this guy that was trying to catch snowflakes with his tongue. What a laugh! I mean me, laughing inside me. But then I realized that it was actually a great view seeing someone genuinely happy and amazed by the snow.
  And me happy finally stepping on the 7th continent at last, without even planning to be there! Life is great!
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nuku Hiva and the Cannibals

Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Naked truth about the life of a crew member onboard a cruise ship

Translate