Fiji Islands and how I got high in Fiji with Kava

DO YOU DREAM OF FIJI PARADISE?

Because I did for so long! I just had to become a millionaire in order to get there. Well, if I have to dream at least to dream BIG! This job I have is most probably the dream of many girls, traveling and making money, obviously, there are some sacrifices that need to be made, but about this, I'll tell you another time.

Here I am the morning of arrival in Suva, Fiji when a big decision had to be made. What to do today? The best of the job that I get to choose the excursions that I have to go. Yes, part of the job is to go as much as possible in tours in order to know the products and socialize with the guests.
Since I saw the movie Anaconda and the Lost Orchid which I knew was filmed somewhere here I choose the tour that goes to the waterfall and visits a local tribe community.

 The tour took us with longboats up the river, passing the green jungle, seeing colorful birds and on to the waterfall, and there it was. Simply beautiful! Everybody took a dip in the crystal clear water and so did I. Well, at that time I had no waterproof camera so the pictures I took definitely don't do justice to the picturesque landscape.The journey back was wet not only because it started raining but also because the river was whirling.

We reach the community, a local tribe, a big family about 120 members. They welcomed us with children singing and local food buffet followed by a ceremony called the noble Kava, performed by the chief of the community.
Kava is actually a drink made of plants that have the light effect of numbness and euphoria, almost like the marijuana plant, but definitely not a strong drug. According to Wikipedia the root of the plant is used to produce an entheogenic drink with sedative, anesthetic, and euphoriant properties.
Obviously, I didn't knew this information before so there I am being the only brave one in the group and tasting the Kava. Five minutes later I couldn't feel my lips and very happy. I was happy anyway as the whole place and situation were unique but happier because I drank the Kava drink.

Next experience in Fiji, this time for a beach day experience on a sandbar island. A leisurely Gabriela trip to the beach was the best choice of the day as everyone deserves a treat after a stressful week at work.
Since it was a last minute decision I packed my stuff and ran to work. Boat trip to a strip of land, great waters and sunny day. Everyone is already swimming or sunbathing and I...well I forgot my bathing bra in the cabin and also my sunscreen.

You cannot simply imagine my disappointment as I had to sunbathe in a T-Shirt. As a true traveler, I went in the water anyway, I went snorkeling, me, my already famous green T-Shirt, a floating noodle and one of the snorkeling assisting crew.
At the end of the day not only my tan looked like a truck driver tan but all my skin was burning. But who experienced the Fijian beach that day? ME!!!




























 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nuku Hiva and the Cannibals

Bora Bora and French Polynesia

Naked truth about the life of a crew member onboard a cruise ship

Translate